Wood Rod Hanger Threaded Rod Anchor System
Simpson Strong-Tie’s wood rod hanger is a one-piece fastening system for suspending 1/4" or 3/8" threaded rod. Vertical rod hangers are designed to suspend threaded rod in overhead applications from wood members. Horizontal rod hangers are available for applications requiring installation into the side of joists, columns and overhead members. Both rod hangers provide attachment points for use in pipe hanging, fire protection, electrical conduit and cable-tray applications. Recommended for use in dry, interior, non-corrosive environments only.
- Threaded anchors for rod-hanging applications in wood
- Suitable for installation horizontally or vertically in overhead applications
- No pre-drilling required
- Easily installed with a drill or screw gun
- Type-17 tip provides for fast starts
- UL/FM Listed
- Attach RND62 nut driver to a drill.
- Insert rod hanger into the RND62 nut driver.
- Using rotation-only mode, drive rod hanger until it contacts the surface. Do not over-tighten. RND62 nut driver will disengage the rod hanger at the appropriate depth to prevent over-driving.
- Insert threaded rod. Minimum thread engagement should be equal to the nominal diameter of the threaded insert.